Improving quality of life for individuals with kidney failure. In addition, end stage renal disease throughout New York City including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island and Nassau County.
Home Caregivers – The kidneys serve a critical function that keeps the water and minerals in your body. In addition, it ensures wastes are properly removed from your blood after digestion, muscle activity and exposure to chemicals and medications. Luckily, there are two kidneys to perform this vital function. When kidney damage occurs, it can result in water buildup, high blood pressure and shortness of breath. This all means that renal disorders can be life threatening.
Other complications include:
- Fluid retention in your arms and legs or lungs resulting in pulmonary edema.
- A sudden rise in potassium levels which could impair your heart.
- Heart disease.
- Weak bones and an increased risk of bone fractures.
- Decreased sex drive, erectile dysfunction or reduced fertility.
- Central nervous system damage.
- Depressed immune system making you more vulnerable to infection.
- Pericarditis, an inflammation of the saclike membrane that envelops your heart (pericardium).
- Irreversible damage to your kidneys.
To prevent renal disease, you must maintain a healthy weight. In addition, you have to avoid smoking and make sure to monitor any medical condition you have with your doctor.
Many people are not aware that certain drugs and toxins can damage kidneys. Those include:
- lead poisoning.
- long-term use of NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) like ibuprofen and naproxen.
- IV street drugs.
- Being around some types of chemicals over time.
Renal disorder risk factors include:
- Autoimmune disease such as diabetes 1 and 2.
- Heart or liver failure causing kidney injury.
- High blood pressure.
- High blood sugar levels.
- Lupus leading to nephritis.
- Urinary tract infection where urine backs up to the kidney.
- HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B, hepatitis C.
- Polycystic kidney disease.
The most common form of treatment for kidney disease is dialysis. It is a cumbersome and exhausting process for those forced to undergo it. The patient must receive treatment three times a week for the blood to be cleaned through the dialysis machine. Unfortunately, dialysis is not a long term solution. Sometimes, a kidney transplant can take place if a match is found and a donor is in place. However, often the elderly are not eligible for transplants since kidneys are in short supply and reserved for younger patients.
In-Home Caregivers for Individuals with Renal Disorders – Home caregivers
More and more dialysis patients are opting for care in the comfortable surroundings of their home. This is especially the case for the elderly who are often too frail to move successfully. David York Agency in-home care providers are able to focus specifically on providing relief with care of the dialysis patient. They are monitored by a specially team of doctors, nurses and other specialists. Who understand how to treat their specific symptoms of dialysis patients and improve the quality of the remaining years of life.
When home healthcare becomes necessary, David York Agency at Royal Caregivers provides skilled home health aide services for the elderly and infirm in their home. A nurse is always available and would be happy to discuss your case with you.
No matter what level of service you need, we’re available twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week. Sometimes the cost of the services can be covered by private medical insurance or Medicare depending on the physician’s orders. Often long term care insurance will pay for a home health aide when the patient is unable to perform activities of daily living.
In-Home Assistance for Seniors with High Blood Pressure
When you face the challenge of finding the best in-home care provider to help care for the emotional and physical well-being of someone you love. For instance your mom or dad, you will want to be confident that you are making the right choice.
At David York Home Healthcare Agency, extraordinary service is what sets us apart from other companies who provide in home health care services. Whatever your care needs, we are there for you. Above all, we are always striving to exceed your expectations.