Thank you all for serving our clients during this time, as we face challenges with the COVID-19 (coronavirus). We know many of you are concerned about the spread of the virus. The wellbeing of all our employees as well as our clients are important to us and therefore we are actively monitoring the situation and continue to work closely with our partners to ensure the safety of our employees and clients are met to reduce the spread of the virus.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is described as a respiratory illness that can spread from person-to-person through respiratory droplets. Our main priority here at Royal Caregivers is to ensure that our employees are healthy, and we encourage any employee who does not feel well to stay home. To ensure that employees will not be penalized for taking leave during this time. We have created an emergency leave policy that will protect each employee affected during this time and this is effective immediately. We are also following recommendations from OSHA and New Jersey Department of Health.
We recommend that you take precautions during this time:
• Perform hand hygiene with alcohol-based sanitizer (60-95% alcohol) before and after contact with patient. Use soap and water as frequently as possible for at least 20 seconds.
• Clean all surfaces routinely in the workplace using cleaning agents and follow directions on label
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
• Any employee with acute respiratory illness symptoms (shortness of breath, cough etc) are recommended to stay home and not come to work. Employees are required to alert supervisor if they are sick
• Any employee affected or with a confirmed case will receive up to two-weeks of pay. We will evaluate on a case-by-case basis any employee that need more than two weeks.
• As a protocol, any potential risk employee with any of Royal Caregivers monitoring symptoms will be excused a 14-day self-quarantine sick leave. Such employee(s) must get clearance from their primary physician or medical professional before resuming to work.
• All caregivers and staff of Royal Caregivers must fill out a symptom monitoring questionnaire as soon as possible.
• Any employee with a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should contact our office 24-hour hotline (973-991-3736) and refer to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (COVID-19) or New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH) hotline at (1-800-222-1222 or 1-800-962-1253).
• For additional information, contact our office for a copy of CDC factsheets on COVID-19 or download them from the following links
We will continue to monitor this closely and provide updates as needed. Do not hesitate to contact our office if you have further questions and make sure you take the necessary steps to seek medical attention if you feel sick. If you have travelled to an area with reported infections, please contact our office and plan to stay home through the 14-day incubation period, as it relates to official guidelines.
Please check on our website https://royalcaregivers.com/ for updates on COVID-19 preparedness for Royal Caregivers.
Again, thank you all for your diligent work during this challenging time.