Hospice care is – Cervical cancer occurs when cells grow or behave abnormally in the lining of the cervix (the entrance) which is the neck or the narrow part of the lower uterus.
Having many sexual encounters or becoming sexually active in the early ages increases the chances of developing cervical cancer and survival rates are high when cervical cancer symptoms are spotted early on. Your doctor may recommend Pap tests as a preventive measure, and common cervical cancer symptoms include pelvic pain, smelly discharge from the vagina, bleeding before and after periods and discomfort experienced during sexual activity.
Types Of Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer types are different between each other by the appearances of the cells under a microscope. There are mainly three types of cervical cancer in women:
- Squamous Cell Carcinomas – 80% to 90% of cervical cancer cases arise from Squamous cell Carcinomas, which is a cervical cancer definition for thin, flat cells lining up at the bottom of the cervix.
- Adenocarcinomas – When cancerous tumours develop in glandular cells lining the upper portion of the cervix, it is then referred to as Adenocarcinomas.
- Metastatic Cervical Cancer – When cervical cancer spreads to different areas of the body, it is known as Metastatic Cervical Cancer.
What Are Some Of The Cervical Cancer Causes? In addition hospice care is for causes?
Cancer is when cells grow abnormally in the body and divide uncontrollably. Cells in the human body have a natural lifespan, and when they die, new cells kickstart production and replace them. Cancer happens when cells do not die or continue dividing. The main cervical cancer causes in women:
- Sexually transmitted viruses like the HPV (human papillomavirus) are cervical cancer causes. 13 out of 100 of HPV types contribute towards cervical cancer in women.
- Multiple sexual partners and becoming sexually active early on leads to possible transmission of STDs. And it leads to cervical cancer.
- Weak immune systems, people using immunosuppressive medications, and people who have HIV or AIDs.
- High stress levels over a prolonged period which leads to destructive habits like drinking and smoking cigarettes.
- Women who give birth at the age of 17 or younger face risk of developing cervical cancer. Multiple pregnancies also increase the chances of developing cervical cancer symptoms.
- Using too many birth control pills slightly increases the risk for developing this illness.
Diagnosis Of Cervical Cancer. In addition hospice care is for it
Cervical cancer screening tests has use in pinpoint the stages of this illness. Your doctor may recommend various cervical cancer diagnosis tests for its prevention and treatment which are as follows:
- HPV DNA Test– HPV DNA testing (PAP test) reveals whether there are any high-risk HPV strains in the patient’s cell DNA. Which is a clear indicator of whether any cervix cell abnormalities will appear later.
- Colonoscopy – The vagina visually examine for determining any abnormal cell tissues in its lining. In addition using a speculum and a magnifying instrument.
- Biopsy – A small portion of your cervical tissue extract in the cervical cancer test using general anesthesia. And hospice care is for it.
- Blood Tests– Blood tests reveal kidney and liver dysfunctions which result from the spreading of cervical cancer.
- CT Scans – Barium liquid in this cervical cancer diagnosis detect abnormalities.
- MRI – There are special types of MRI used for pinpointing early cervical cancer symptoms and signs in women
- Pelvic Ultrasound – Pelvic ultrasound does imaging of the pelvis which uses high-frequency sound waves to locate abnormalities.
Cervical Cancer Treatment
Cervical cancer treatment methods will depend on the doctor’s diagnosis, patient’s age, health, and current stage of cancer. The success rate for treatment options depends on whether or not the cancer restrict to the cervix. Or has already spread to other areas of the body. These are the cervical cancer treatment options for women:
Surgery is the common cervical cancer treatment method in women. Similarly if your doctor believes that cancerous cells are present in your body. In addition, he may recommend radiotherapy to reduce future cases of occurrence.
Radiation therapy or radiotherapy has use in destroying cancer cells by using high-power energy beams. Similarly like X-rays or particular radiation. This treatment method comes with certain side effects like diarrhoea, nausea, premature menopause. In addition constriction of the vagina and bladder irritations, after completion of treatment. Hospice care is also for it.
Medications are used in chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells in the body. Chemotherapy has use when normal surgery fails to destroy these cells. In addition side effects are based on the types of drugs used in this procedure. Mostly side effects of chemotherapy are infertility, diarrhoea, fatigue, and hair loss.
Clinical trials are an experimental route for those seeking cervical cancer treatment. In addition this method is used primarily for cancer research. All new and innovative treatments are the fruition of successful clinical trials in the past.