Senior care in home – Gastric cancer – stomach cancer which is clinically diagnosed as the growth of cancerous cells. In the inner lining of the stomach. A gastric cancer diagnosis is difficult during its early stages. Because symptoms don’t reveal easily. People develop this medical condition through metastasis. In addition common gastric cancer causes have link with structural changes in the person’s DNA. Similarly it leads to uncontrollable division and multiplication of cancerous cells. Common gastric cancer symptoms in patients are heartburn, vomiting, bloating after meal times. In addition recurrent burping, feeling full during meals, and difficulty swallowing.
Types Of Gastric Cancer:
There are different gastric cancer types in patients. They are:
- Lymphoma – Cancer originating from the immune system and branching off to the stomach through lymph tissues.
- Carcinoid Tumors – Starts from hormone-producing cells in the stomach. And does not spread to other nearby organs.
- Gastrointestinal tumours – A rare type of stomach cancer which originates from a special cell locate in the lining of the stomach. Similarly known as Cajal (ICCs).
- Adenocarcinomas – The most common type of gastric cancer in patients and starts from the innermost lining of the stomach.
What Are Some Of The Gastric Cancer Causes?
Some of the gastric cancer causes in patients are:
- Smoking – Consuming too much tobacco or taking many cigarettes a day
- Poor Nutrition – A diet that is typically low in fruits and vegetables is known to be linked with a higher incidence of gastric cancer symptoms in patients. Diets high in smoked and salted foods contribute to gastric cancer as well.
- Obesity – Although not directly linked, obesity has been shown to increase the risk of developing gastric cancer.
- Gastrointestinal Reflux Disease (GERD) – This is a condition where stomach acid flows back into the -stomach through the oesophagus.
Diagnosis Of Gastric Cancer
A gastric cancer diagnosis is done in the following ways:
- Upper Endoscopy – A tube with a tiny camera passes through your oesophagus into your stomach. Your doctor examines gastric cancer stages and symptoms through this.
- Imaging Tests – CT (Computerised Tomography) scans and special X-ray scans known as barium swallow render detailed images of stomach structures and are some of the most common gastric cancer tests for diagnosis.
Gastric Cancer Treatment
Based on the stages of gastric cancer and your gastric cancer screening tests, senior care in home may recommend the following gastric cancer treatment protocols to you:
- Surgery: Surgery involves removing sections of the stomach or removing it fully. Surgeons may remove lymph nodes in your abdomen if the gastric cancer causes have link with metastatic spreading in your body.
- Radiation Therapy: X-rays and proton radiations have use in killing cancer cells in the stomach. You lie on a table, and a high-powered beam travels through your stomach to shrink tumours before surgery.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy shrinks tumours through the use of specific drugs and medications. These may be orally, intravenously or taken in the form of capsules or pills.
- Targeted Drug Therapy: This is used for treating rare types of gastric cancer and is used in conjunction with immunotherapy treatment.
When Do You Need Us?
Palliative care implement in gastric cancer care at home. In addition caters to patients who seek psychological and nutritional support. Adjusting to lifestyle changes are easier as our team of doctors. Because nurses for gastric cancer tend to your needs from the comfort of your home by providing nursing and medical therapy services.
How Can We Help
We do a diagnostic test during your first meeting with us. And after assessment, we design a gastric cancer home treatment plan. Based on your gastric cancer stages and diagnosis, doctors may be recommend to go for surgery if cancer has progressed significantly. Our senior care in home professionals will ensure you receive state-of-the-art gastric cancer treatment at home. In addition supplement your recovery with the necessary psychological and emotional support as well.
Gastric cancer care at home is possible with our team of esteemed medical professionals. And preparing for surgery becomes less debilitating with proper palliative care. Patients will expect to adjust to some diet and lifestyle changes. In addition with their in-home gastric cancer care once they undergo surgery. And related medical therapies.