Seniors home health care – Uterine Cancer
Uterine cancer definition states that when normally. In addition healthy cells in the uterus lining mutate into abnormal cells which become cancerous. So it leads to the growth of tumours in the uterus. Therefore it is also known as endometrial cancer. Women over the age of 55 are most prone to uterine cancer. In addition this is common in women who have not had any prior pregnancies as well. You are at a higher risk of endometrial cancer. If you have undergone estrogen-only hormone-replacement therapy over a prolonged period of time.
Uterine cancer symptoms range from abnormal vaginal bleeding, vaginal discharge. In addition pelvic pains, and pain association with urination and intercourse. Doctors recommend uterine cancer treatment methods like surgical therapy, radiation therapy. In addition clinical trials, hormone therapy, and chemotherapy or even a combination of these – to patients.
Types Of Uterine Cancer
There are mainly two uterine cancer types found in patients:
- Endometrial Carcinomas – Cancerous cells build in the inner lining of the uterus (the endometrium). In addition endometrial carcinomas are commonly ‘uterine cancer‘ or adenocarcinoma.
- Uterine sarcomas – Starts in the supportive connective tissues or the muscle layer (myometrium) of the uterus. 2% to 4% of uterine cancer cases fall into this type and treatment is different in most cases.
What Are Some Of The Uterine Cancer Causes?
Although age is linked with uterine cancer causes, clear signs of what causes uterine cancer are unknown. It is known that certain factors have relation with uterine cancer causes, and they are:
- Unbalanced Oestrogen Levels – Unbalanced oestrogen levels in the body after menopause is known to cause cancerous cells to divide and multiply in the uterus.
- Obesity – Being overweight or obese increases oestrogen levels in your body. Therefore increasing your chances of developing uterine cancer.
- No pregnancies – If you have never undergone pregnancy in the past. So you may be vulnerable to uterine cancer symptoms due to the low oestrogen levels and high levels of progesterone.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) – PCOS presence in women leads to high oestrogen levels in the body.
- Endometrial Hyperplasia – This is a medical condition where the endometrial lining thickens. Therefore increasing chances of a uterine cancer diagnosis.
- Type 2 Diabetes – Women with Type 2 diabetes have great risk for getting uterine cancer. Therefore it raises insulin levels, which in turn raise oestrogen levels in the body.
Diagnosis Of Uterine Cancer
Uterine cancer tests for diagnosing cancer in the uterus are:
- Pelvic Examination: Your doctor will inspect the vulva (outside of your genitals). In addition they insert two fingers in the vagina while pressing your abdomen with the other hand. So to examine the uterus and ovaries. Doctors can use speculum to open up your vagina and view any abnormalities.
- Transvaginal Ultrasound – Doctors examine the thickness and texture of your endometrial lining by inserting a transducer in your vagina. In addition it uses sound waves to render detailed images of the uterus.
- Endometrial Biopsy – An endometrial biopsy is a surgical procedure. Doctors use it to collect tissue samples from your uterus for laboratory diagnosis. A uterine cancer diagnostic test on this sample will reveal any abnormalities.
- Dilation And Curettage (D&C) – If an endometrial biopsy doesn’t work, then you may have to undergo this special surgical procedure where caretakers scrape and analyze tissue samples from the uterus using a microscope as part of uterus cancer diagnosis.
Uterine Cancer Treatment
Your uterine cancer treatment plan will be based on age, general health and degree or extent of uterine cancer stages. Your doctor may recommend the following uterine cancer treatment procedures to you:
Surgical procedures have intend in removing the uterus and eliminate cancer in its entirety. The process is called a hysterectomy, and robot-assisted surgeries are available these days for the removal of the uterus and surrounding tissues. Doctors may prescribe pain relieving medications to women post-surgery. Fertility-preserving surgeries are available, and it is best to discuss with your doctor regarding possible options based on your uterine cancer stages.
If surgery is not an option for women, your seniors home health care may recommend radiation therapy. High-powered energy beams travel across your body externally and delete cancerous cells from the uterus. Caretakers may be apply to the pelvis or the vaginal cavities.
Hormone therapy involves giving patients a high dose of progesterone to slow the growth of uterine cancer tumours. This therapy is available for those who cannot undergo surgery or radiation therapy and has use with a combination of other medications or treatments.
In Chemotherapy, treatment cycles may vary as the patient may be given a single drug or a combination of drugs at different points in time. Caretakers give drugs or specific medications to patients either orally, intravenously (through a vein) or in the form of pills and capsules. In addition they give Chemotherapy treatment after a surgical procedure to remove remaining cancerous cells from the uterus.
When Do You Need Us?
Uterine cancer care at home begins by looking after the patient and meeting their physical and emotional requirements. At Seniors home health care center. Palliative care or endometrial cancer treatment at home has shown to be beneficial in different phases of uterine cancer treatment, and this is where our team of doctors and nurses for uterine cancer care come in. Our healthcare specialists will take uterine cancer screening tests from the comfort of your home and suggest the best possible course of action based on your uterine cancer symptoms and stages. If your condition is serious, doctors may be recommend you to undergo surgery or alternative medical therapies.
HOW CAN WE HELP
The key goal of nursing service is to ensure that the patient receives proper treatment and palliative care. So our team of in-home doctors and nurses begin your uterine cancer home treatment. By visiting your residence and assessing your condition. From nutrition support to administering the appropriate medications and providing mental and emotional support. Therefore you will be on the road to getting well soon. Similarly under the care of our healthcare professionals from the comfort of your home.
Save yourself the time and hassle of travelling to the hospital by opting for uterine cancer treatment at home through us. Patients will expect to adjust to a certain lifestyle and nutrition changes based on their medical diagnosis and uterine cancer care plan after surgery.