Registered Home Care Aide for Patients for Hypertension – Hypertension or high blood pressure is a serious condition that can lead to a fatal outcome if not treated. Hypertension can be a silent disease, but if left uncontrolled put you at increased risk for heart attack and stroke. Warning signs can include headaches, shortness of breath and nosebleeds. About 1 out of 3 adults in the U.S. have high blood pressure. Unfortunately, only 54% have their hypertension out of control. Luckily, it is easy to detect by measuring your blood pressure during a routine doctor visit and treat with medication.
High blood pressure is also associated and present with other conditions. Hypertension could also be caused by underlying conditions such as:
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Kidney problems
- Adrenal gland tumors
- Thyroid problems
- Certain defects you’re born with (congenital) in blood vessels
- Certain medications, such as birth control pills, cold remedies, decongestants. As well as over-the-counter pain relievers and some prescription drugs
- Illegal drugs, such as cocaine and amphetamines
Risk Factors for Hypertension
Risk factors for high blood pressure include:
- Medical history – Past history of high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and sleep apnea.
- Age – the risk increases as you age.
- Race – more common among people of African heritage who are higher risk for complications often developing at an earlier age than it does in whites.
- Family history -tends to run in families.
- Overweight or obese -extra weight puts more pressure on blood circulation and pressure.
- Sedentary lifestyle- inactivity leads to higher heart rates and more pressure on the heart’s pumping action.
- Tobacco use – chemicals emitted by smoking or chewing tobacco can damage the lining of your artery walls narrowing them and increasing your risk of heart disease.
- Salt (sodium) in your diet -too much sodium can cause your body to retain fluid increasing blood pressure.
- Potassium in your diet –too much potassium in your diet throws off the sodium in your body.
- Too much alcohol -heavy drinking can damage your heart.
- Stress – can lead to a temporary increase in blood pressure.
The longer you have uncontrolled high blood pressure, the higher your chances of complications. Also, those of African heritage seem to be at a higher risk of serious outcomes.
- Heart attack or stroke
- Heart failure
- Weakened and narrowed blood vessels in your kidneys
- Thickened, narrowed or torn blood vessels in the eyes
- Metabolic syndrome disorders
- Trouble with memory or understanding
There are many medications to treat high blood pressure, but there are lifestyle factors that can help the situation. A healthy adult below age 65 should set a goal of less than 130/80 for blood pressure.
- Eating a heart-healthy diet with less salt
- Getting regular physical activity
- Maintaining a healthy weight or losing weight if you’re overweight or obese
- Limiting the amount of alcohol you drink
- Healthy lifestyle in terms of diet, good nutrition, weight and regular exercise.
Registered Home Care Aide for Individuals with Hypertension
More and more hypertensive patients are opting for care in the comfortable surroundings of their home. This is especially the case for the elderly who are often too frail to be moved successfully. Royal CareGivers’ registered home care aide provider is able to focus specifically on providing care to any patients with hypertension. They are monitored by a specially-trained team of doctors, nurses and other specialists who understand how to treat these specific symptoms and improve the quality of life.
When home healthcare becomes necessary, Royal CareGivers provides skilled home health aide services for the elderly in their home. A nurse is always available and would be happy to discuss your case with you.
When you face the challenge of finding the best in home care provider. And you want to help care for the emotional and physical well-being of someone you love. Maybe your mom or dad, you will want to be confident that you are making the right choice.
At Royal CareGivers, extraordinary service is what sets us apart from other companies. Who provide in home health care services. Whatever your care needs, we are there for you. And we are always striving to exceed your expectations.
We provide in-home care services throughout the New Jersey.
No matter what level of service you need, we’re available 24/7.